Thursday 29 December 2011

A Resolution I Can Keep!

New year resolutions we all make them , we all give up on them too! I have spent many a year vowing to get fit in January or go on a detox or save more money. By day two I am pigging out on the left over roses tin and spending all my money in the sales! So I decided this year to make a resolution about something I already do but can be a bit lazy about.

My skin care regime, I do really try to look after my skin as best I can as I feel having good skin makes you feel better because I know if I wake up in the morning with a blemish I am already annoyed over my face before I even put makeup on and that dampens your mood for the rest of the day. The problem I have though is laziness , by the time I am going to bed I am wrecked from a long day of work or if I am on a rare night out the skincare regime goes out the window by the time I hit my bed. So my plan is not to change anything just to continue what I am doing just make sure I do it every night and morning even when I am feeling lazy.

So my regime:
Morning: I first wash my face with Soap and Glory's Face Soap and Clarity 3 in 1 Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash. This a great foaming facial wash that has tiny exfoliating beads . It is a non drying formula, so it's good for dry skin and combination.
I follow this up by using Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser. This contains Vit B5 that softens and smooths the skin while Vit E moisturises to improve skin conditions. It also contains Glycerin and Borage Seed Oil. Light moisturisers are great for the day as they dry easily and do not leave a residue on the skin which can change the way foundations go on. I leave this to dry while I brush my teeth and by the time I am finished it has absorbed into my skin and I am ready to apply my makeup.

Morning Regime
Night-time:
I begin by taking off my makeup with Simple Kind To Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion. I apply a small amount on a cleansing pad and spread it on another pad and use the two on my face removing all my makeup apart from my eyes.
I then apply Simple Kind To Skin Eye Makeup Remover to cleansing pad and remove my eye makeup. Mascara and eyeliner can be very hard to remove so it's good to have an eye makeup remover so you do not wake up with panda eyes!
I move onto Simple Kind to Skin Soothing Facial Toner, this helps to even out skin tone as well as closing pores that have been open from cleansing.
I finally finish with the Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser. I have combination skin which has its dry days and oily days so I prefer to use a light moisturiser all the time as heavy moisturiser can trigger my oiliness to increase. But if you have dry skin defiantly use a heavy moisturiser on the night like Simple Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser.
Night-time Regime 

Skincare does not just stop with the face your body is also included. Before I get dressed I use Soap and Glory's The Righteous Butter with Shea butter and aloe vera. This is an all over body moisturiser for dry skin. It leaves you with velvet feeling skin. I also use Soap and Glory's Heel Genius Foot Cream and Hand Food which help keep my hands and feet smooth and stop them from drying out. Which happens a lot from been on my feet all day and using hand sanitizer.

Body Regime
There are a few other products that I use though out the week. I use Soap and Glory's Pulp Fiction Body Scrub. Exfoliation should be part of every one's regime. Normal skin or oily should exfoliate once a week and dry skin twice a week. No more exfoliation is need and over exfoliation can damage skin as after you remove the dead skin layer your then removing new skin.

When I need to remove makeup during the day if I am applying more for the evening. I remove my makeup with Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes apart from on my eyes ,never use wipes on eyes your skin is very sensitive here and wipes can be very harsh on them.

Once a week I also use Avon's Clearskin Blackhead Clearing Deep Treatment Mask. I suffer from blackheads around my nose and chin so I find using a mask once a week help keeps these to a minimum.

Weekly Regime
So this is my resolution to follow my skincare regime to a T weather I am tired or just lazy. So girls do not make crazy resolutions this year if you doubt you can keep them. Change something small or improve something you already do!

Click here to visit Avon
Click here to visit Soap and Glory
Click here to visit Simple
Click here to visit www.sigmabeauty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...