Saturday 26 November 2011

First Makeup Tutorial-Smokey and Nude



Sorry for the lack of of posts over the last few days but I've been away on training and had no Internet. As promised, I have done a makeup tutorial post I really did not know what look I was going for when I sat down to do this so seen as its Saturday I decided to do something for the weekend!


I went for a firm favorite with us Irish girls , the Smokey Eye. Since Kim Kardashian has braced our television screen her signature smokey eye has become a must for the Saturday nights makeup regime.I added a flick just for a little twist and a few individual lashes at the edge of my lashes to open my eye up more



I went with a nude lip as this look is really about the eyes and I did not want to take away from it. So I just with a nude lip and a pink gloss in the center.









So here's how I achieved the look and the products I used:
1. I applied Rimmel Match Perfection in shade 100 Ivory with a flat head foundation brush. €11.95

2.I used Maybelline 24hrs Concealer in fair under my eye and a tiny bit on my lid and any other blemishes or marks around my face.I applied this with my fingers as I believe concealer works better warmed up with your fingers. €8.95

3. I sealed my foundation Rimmels Clear Complexion Pressed Powder in shade 021 transparent.I applied this with a big powder brush.€5.95

4. I contour my face with no.17 pressed powder from Inglot Freedom System with an angled powder brush.This is firm favorite of mine, but at the start I was really scared of it at the start as it is pretty dark but a little goes along way with this and good blending is needed. €26 (for 2 powders and palette)


5. I used an orange color from a 120 eyeshadow palette I got from Ebay. The color would be a peachy orange ( column 3 row4). I only dabbed my angled powder brush in this color once as I only wanted a natural flush of color and not umpa lumpa cheeks! Around €9 price varies.


6. Next I filled in my eyebrows with the brown out of the Catrice duo palette  HELP! I'm Stranded. Using a an angled brow brush. Not too sure on price but you can get Catrice from Penney/Primark and pharmacy nationwide.


7. Again I used the Catrice duo palette but i used the gold shimmer on my eyelid with a flat eyeshadow brush for packing the color on my eyelid.


8. I applied this light brown color in the socket line and blended 3/4 of the way in and upwards with tapered blending brush. Also using a a pencil brush I applied this under my eye.


9. Using the black in the bottom right hand corner of the palette I applied this into the socket line and blended.

10. To do the flick I used Maybelline Gel Liner in black, using a thin angled eyeliner I started in the corner of eye with a thin line to the outer edge of the eye. Then using the point on the angled brush I created the point on the flick and joined the flick to the liner. I created a thick flick but you can do it as thin or as thick as you like.€10.95

11. For mascara I used Maybelline Falsies in black on top and bottom lashes. I applied 3 12mm individual lashes to the edge of my lashes to open up my eye. These lashes were also from Ebay . Mascara €8.90 Lashes €1.95 for box of about 40 lashes.


12. As a highlight I used Vanilla Ice from Frontcover Eye Spy palette box from Christmas 2009 range. Frontcover release a Christmas palette every year and this highlight is always the first shadow and appears in it every year sometimes with a different name. I applied this on my brow bone in the corner of my eye and on my cheek bones. Palette €47


13.On my lips I used Natural Nymph from ELF mineral lipstick range and Maybelline lip gloss in Freshly sliced. Lipstick €4.00 Lip gloss not to sure as I got it free with other Maybelline purchase.


Hope you enjoyed my tutorial!!! xx
 X6K8THBB3UK3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...